Friday, January 31, 2014

Checkerboard Stitch

 So I had originally planned on starting those gloves this weekend, but ended up stumbling upon a really cute scarf that I immediately wanted to try to create. The scarf was made by Abhey Parilla and uses the checkerboard stitch. Abhey's blog and a picture of her scarf can be found here. I had some leftover pink and purple Simply Soft yarn that I thought would look pretty for this scarf. I really love this stitch because it is super easy to do and it works up really quickly. The edges in the beginning were looking a little sloppy...I think I may have been crocheting into the wrong chain stitch at the end of each row. However, I think I fixed that on the last section that I crocheted. Here's a picture of the scarf so far:
If you want the pattern for this checkerboard stitch, you can find it on the lion brand website here. I also recommend checking out Abhey's blog. She is a beginner crocheter, but has created some really beautiful pieces.  She also has some great resources for those of us just starting out.
 
I will post more pictures once I am finished with this scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment